Round Table for Ethnic Minority Concerns
Round Table for Ethnic Minority Concerns (REMCo) is a round table for North Carolina Library Association that serves as a voice for ethnic and minority members. REMCo strives to improve service to and in some cases even initiate service for the ethnic communities that we all serve. It is overseen by the action of an Executive Board elected to two-year terms.
- To unite in this group North Carolina Library Association members interested in ethnic minority issues in North Carolina libraries;
- To provide an opportunity for discussion and activity of ethnic minority issues in North Carolina libraries;
- To monitor the practices and policies of recruitment and career advancement of minorities in North Carolina;
- To serve as a resource for those North Carolina libraries desiring to positively reflect ethnic cultures in their respective collection;
- To provide a network for ethnic minority librarians in North Carolina;
- To seek to fulfill the objectives of the North Carolina Library Association; and
To serve as a liaison for local and national ethnic communities and organizations.
- Encourage and support North Carolina libraries desiring to promote and positively reflect ethnic cultures in their respective collections.
- Cooperate with other organizations and agencies, particularly those that focus on ethnic minority issues in North Carolina libraries.
- Ensure that you have access to a network of colleagues interested in ethnic minority librarianship in North Carolina.
- Offer you discounted rates for the Association’s biennial conference and REMCo events.
- Inform you about important news through the REMCo newsletter, list serve and the website
- Voting privileges in REMCo elections
- Opportunities to serve on REMCo offices, committees and task forces.