Why Join NCLA?
The North Carolina Library Association is the only statewide organization in North Carolina concerned with the entire library community. There are many benefits to membership such as continuing education opportunities, advocacy initiatives, access to NCLA publications and the NCLA listserv. But perhaps the most significant benefit is networking and collaborating with other librarians, support staff and institutions across the state. NCLA is constantly evolving, and we cannot do this without you! Please join today and take advantage of these other incentives!
- Discounted ALA and NCLA membership dues for students and paraprofessionals
- Workshops and Conference discounts
- Awards and scholarships
- Active committees, roundtables, and sections
- NCLA Leadership Institute
- Voting rights
Joining or Returning members:
Please follow this link to our online membership module.
Need help renewing your membership? Check out this video.
Download the current NCLA application (PDF, 330 KB) and fax or mail it to the NCLA office at: 1841 Capital Blvd., Raleigh, North Carolina 27604.
Joint applications for NCLA and ALA are available for students and paraprofessionals. Please refer to ALA for more information.
Paraprofessionals: Fill out and return this PDF form to ALA or apply online.
- NCLA membership includes one free sections/roundtable along with the New Members Section. If you choose to join NCLA using the ALA Library Support Staff Membership option you will need to send your selection to Kim Parrott, (919)839-6252 office, nclaonline [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Library School Students: Fill out and return this PDF form to ALA or apply online.
Applications may be mailed to American Library Association, Membership Services, 50 East Huron Street, Chicago, IL 60611.