Trustees, Friends, and Advocates Section
The Trustees, Friends, and Advocates Section of the North Carolina Library Association is a forum for trustees, Friends of Libraries, and other advocates to initiate programs to strengthen libraries of all types. The objectives of the section are:
- To promote library service in general and especially in the development of libraries and library service throughout North Carolina;
- To provide library trustees, Friends, and advocates the opportunity of working together on problems important to all librarues in North Carolina as well as the local libraries on their duties and responsibilities;
- To stimualte the interest of trustees, Friends, and advocates in becoming better informed on their duties and responsibilities as effective policy makers and advoces for North Carolina libraries;
- To cooperate with and support the programs of the North Carolina Library Association and of the State Library of North Carolina and to help unify library action in the State;
- To provide an effective means of influencing support for and passage of adequate library legislation; and
- To promote complete use of library facilities and resources.
The Trustees, Friends, and Advocates Section of the North Carolina Library Association was formerly known as the North Carolina Public Library Trustees Association.
Carol Walters, Co-Chair
Theron Bell, Co-Chair